Hotspot Shield is a virtual private network utility (VPN) developed by AnchorFree. Inc is used to secure Internet connections, often in unsafe networks. Released in April 2008 for Windows and macOS operating systems, and expanded to include support for iOS and Android in 2011 and 2012, respectively.
Secure access to your favorite apps and sites while on the go, while traveling, at local cafes, airports, campuses, and offices. Hotspot Shield encrypts data sent to the VPN to prevent successful intercepts. Hotspot Shield also allows users to hide their IP address and has been used to bypass internet censorship in countries with strict internet censorship programs.
Hotspot Shield Install free download
The # 1 in performance with thousands of servers worldwide. With free install Hotspot Shield, we can safely and privately access to the free and open internet. Enable access to social networks, sports, streaming audio and video, news, dating, games wherever you are. This patented application protocol VPN is integrated by 70% of the world’s largest security companies and has passed various security audits. Try also VPN Proxy Master
Installation Hotspot Shield Instructions & VPN Setting
Download and Install Hotspot Shield for iOS 9 or above
- On your iOS device, go to the App Store and download Hotspot Shield.
- Once the installation process has done, you will be asked to open the application.
- Hotspot Shield will offer you to begin a 7 Days Trial period (Or 14 Days Trial if you download the application on an iPad). If you have an Elite subscription, skip this window by tapping on the “x” in the upper right corner, after this, a second window will appear, scroll down to the bottom of the window and tap the “x”.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to install the VPN profile. Tap Allow, then type your 4 digit security code or scan your fingerprint depending on the security settings of your iOS device.
- The application will open and connect.
Download and Install Hotspot Shield for Android
- On your Android, launch Google Play Store.
- Search for “Hotspot Shield” and tap Hotspot Shield app.
- Tap Install > ACCEPT.
- Launch Hotspot Shield, and then tap NEXT.
- Select the checkbox for “I trust this application” and then tap OK.
Download and Install Hotspot Shield for Windows Phone
When you connect Hotspot Shield for the first time, you’ll be asked to install a VPN certificate. The certificate authenticates your identity and is used to establish and secure the VPN connection. To install the VPN certificate and connect for the first time:
- Tap the Red Shield button.
- Tap ok in the “Certificate” dialog box.
- On the “Install certificate?” screen, you’ll be asked to enter a password. Leave the password field blank and tap done.
- Tap install to begin installing the certificate.
- Once your certificate has installed, tap ok.
- On the next screen, enter your Windows account credentials, and then tap save.
When you connect Hotspot Shield, you’ll be asked to choose a certificate. To connect Hotspot Shield:
- Open the Hotspot Shield app, and tap Microsoft connect.
- Tap “choose a certificate” field.
- Select any of your certificates.
- Tap connect.
- Enter your Windows account credentials and tap save.
- Tap Microsoft connect. Once connected, all your traffic is secured.
Download and Install Hotspot Shield for PC Windows 10 8 7
- Go to https://www.hotspotshield.com/ in your browser, then click Get Hotspot Shield in the top-right side of the page. The setup file will automatically download onto your computer. Some browsers may prompt you to select a save location before proceeding.
- Install Hotspot Shield. To do so: Double-click the Hotspot Shield setup file; Click Install; Click Yes when prompted; Wait for Hotspot Shield to install; Click Finish.
- Close the ad. If you see an ad urging you to upgrade to a free 7-day trial of something, click the “Back” ← button in the top-left corner of the window. This will exit the ad and take you to the Hotspot Shield main page.
- Close your browser. For Hotspot Shield to work the first time that you turn it on, you should close your browser before using Hotspot Shield.
- Click Start Image. It’s the light-blue power icon in the middle of the window. This turns on Hotspot Shield for your current wireless connection; if your ISP tries to see your IP address, they will only be able to see the fake IP address that Hotspot Shield provides. You can turn off Hotspot Shield by clicking the Start button again.
- Upgrade your account. If you want to use premium features like being able to choose a country for your IP address’ location, you’ll need to click Upgrade to Hotspot Shield Elite at the bottom of the Hotspot Shield window, select a payment plan, enter your payment information, and click Upgrade my plan. This is entirely optional but recommended if you want an extra layer of security.
- Change your IP address’ country. Click the “Browsing from” drop-down box, then click a new country in the drop-down menu. This will shift your IP address’ location to redirect to a different country. Keep in mind that this may slow down your browsing, and it may also limit the content that you can see based on the selected country’s laws.
Download and Install Hotspot Shield for Mac
- Download Hotspot Shield. To do so: Open your Mac’s App Store; Click the search bar in the top-right corner of the window; Type “hotspot shield” into the search bar and press “Return”; Click INSTALL under the “Hotspot Shield” app.
- Look for the Hotspot Shield icon. You should see the Hotspot Shield shield-shaped icon appear in the top-right corner of your Mac’s screen.
- Click the Hotspot Shield icon. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Start Image. It’s the light-blue power icon in the middle of the drop-down menu. Doing so will enable the Hotspot Shield, thereby preventing your ISP from seeing your real IP address. You can turn off Hotspot Shield by clicking the Start button again.
- Change your IP address’ country. Click the “Browsing from” drop-down box, then click a new country in the drop-down menu. This will shift your IP address’ location to redirect to a different state.
Join over 600 million users already enjoying absolute Internet Freedom around the world by downloading Hotspot Shield VPN. Install Hotspot Shield now to get protection with military-grade encryption, and support all platforms.